Falz reacts to complaint trailing his “This Is Nigeria” Video
Popular singer cum actor, Folarin Falana, popularly called Falz has said that even though he knew his ‘This Is Nigeria’ video could generate controversy, he didn’t assume the extent of the contemporary reactions.
TGtrends had earlier said that muric, in a announcement signed by way of its government director, Ishaq Akintola on tuesday, issued Falz a seven-day ultimatum to take down his ‘This is Nigeria’ video.
In an interview with bbc, Falz spread out on the inspiration at the back of the viral video, “This is Nigeria’ and the way he feels his critics have neglected the factor of the video.
The rapper stated,
”the video has been thoroughly received. Even first of all whilst i used to be liberating it, i didn’t type of count on the magnitude of reaction… i concept there may be some form of response and conversation however i didn’t know how largely it will likely be acquired.
”it become important, initially, i was inspired by the original, This Is America through Childish Gambino, i concept it become a completely artistic and creative manner to tell the yankee tale and that i idea it will be remarkable to inform the nigerian story in a similar style.
“it was very crucial to stir up a heightened level of political and social focus out right here.
”majority of what i’ve been facing, in terms of backlash is only a matter of humans which can be seeking to shoot the messenger so they miss the message, but at the end of the day, the message is really clear and anybody is aware of that the message is the reality.”
Watch the total interview underneath.