Aden Arviso and Jose Lopez arrested in connection to mass shooting at house party in Yuma

Jose Lopez and Aden Arviso arrested in connection to mass shooting at house party in Yuma

Over the weekend, a tragic incident occurred in Yuma, Arizona, when a house party turned into a mass shooting.

According to the police, two youths have been detained in connection with the incident, which saw more than 30 rounds fired and resulted in two fatalities and five injuries.

The late-Saturday night shooting led to the arrest of 18-year-old Jose Lopez on two counts of first-degree murder and disorderly conduct, according to the Yuma Police Department.

Aden Arviso, 19, was also detained by the police on suspicion of false reporting and disorderly conduct with a weapon in connection with the double homicide.

The Yuma Police Department’s Sgt. Lori Franklin said in the official statement, “Since the shooting, our devoted investigators have been working nonstop to complete the investigation.

Our detectives are presently concentrating on determining the incident’s motivation.

Despite the fact that it doesn’t appear to be a random act, we are carefully trying to come to a consensus. Lopez and Arviso were detained following the execution of a search warrant at a Yuma residence on Monday night. Sgt. Franklin did not provide specifics regarding the evidence that was found during the search operation, but it turned up plenty of evidence connecting the youths to the crime.

Ande Blackthunder, 20, and Danny Garcia, 19, were the victims of the shooting, Yuma Police Chief Thomas Garrity stated during a press conference on Monday.

Tragically, the tragedy claimed the lives of both people. In addition, Chief Garrity revealed that the event injured five more minors, ages 15 to 19.

Numerous firearms were found at the scene during the inquiry, and the police are testing them this week to see if any of them were used in the shooting.

Chief Garrity reported that more than 30 rounds were fired. Whether or if more people will be detained in connection with the incident is yet unknown. Around 10:54 p.m. on Saturday, shooting broke out as a result of an altercation that started at a party.

Initially only a few people showed up, but as word of the party spread on social media, the crowd quickly increased to over 100 people. Chief Garrity added that four off-duty law enforcement officers and one of their spouses were present during the incident. When they heard shooting, they reacted quickly, gave the victims their first aid, and helped the on-duty police officers who arrived on the site.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.