Conor McGregor is seen leading a woman into a men’s bathroom where she alleges the UFC star “violently” raped her.
The hallway interaction between McGregor and the woman was captured on cell phone video released by a private news channel on Friday. According to news, it was taken shortly after midnight on June 10 at Kaseya Center in Miami after Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
The footage, which is nearly 30 seconds, starts with McGregor walking out of the bathroom and saying something to a crowd of people controlled by security. He then turns right and appears to exchange words with the woman before grabbing her by the hand to lead her into the bathroom. She, along with another female holding her by the wrist, follows McGregor down a pathway cleared by security, but when they get to the bathroom entrance, McGregor and the alleged victim continue inside while the other woman walks to the right before entering. The bathroom door closes, and the video ends with nobody but McGregor and the alleged victim appearing to go inside.
The video, which sheds light on what transpired outside of the bathroom, raises questions about parts of the woman’s claim leading up to the alleged sexual assault. Videos from earlier in the night show her and McGregor partying together at a club inside the arena.
In a demand letter sent to McGregor, the NBA and the Miami Heat, South Florida-based attorney Ariel Mitchell wrote that her client was “physically forced” into the bathroom by security and that McGregor was already waiting for her inside the bathroom, two claims that don’t align with the footage.
Mitchell’s letter also stated that “security refused to let (the woman) exit or allow anyone else, including her friend, inside the bathroom.” While it’s unclear why the alleged victim’s friend didn’t walk into the bathroom with her and McGregor, the video shows what appears to be a security detail preventing others from entering.
News Channel reported Thursday that, although the woman told local authorities about the alleged sexual assault, she did not want to press charges, with Mitchell writing in her letters that the woman is only seeking settlements with McGregor, the NBA, and Heat.
In light of the video released Friday, McGregor’s attorney, Barbara R. Llanes, reaffirmed her client’s denial of the rape allegation and called it “no more than a shakedown.”
“After the video was released by the news channel, the claimant’s lawyer now has changed her story,” Llanes said. “Mr. McGregor welcomes the investigation, which he firmly believes will show the claims against him are false. After not responding to the demand for money made by the claimant’s counsel, she turned to the media to apply pressure. This is no more than a shakedown.”
News Channel reported that the Miami Police Department has been conducting an investigation since Sunday. The UFC, NBA, and Heat organization issued statements saying they’re looking into the situation.
McGregor, 34, has been accused of sexual assault multiple times before – twice in 2019 in March and October of that year in Ireland; in September 2020 in Corsica, which was later dropped; and in 2021 he faced a lawsuit for an alleged 2018 incident. Earlier this year in January, McGregor was accused of attacking a woman on a yacht in Ibiza. He’s not faced legal punishment in any of those cases.
McGregor is currently featured as a coach on Season 31 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” which airs every Tuesday on ESPN through Aug. 15. McGregor is coaching opposite Michael Chandler, with the two expected to fight, although no agreement has been reached.
McGregor hasn’t competed since July 2021 when he lost to Dustin Poirier by injury TKO after breaking his leg in the final seconds of the first round.
Be sure to visit the MMA Junkie Instagram page and YouTube channel to discuss this and more content with fans of mixed martial arts.